Sunday 26 January 2014

Review - Maybeline Baby Skin Primer


On one of my trawls through superdrug I came across the new 'Maybeline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser'. Obviously what caught my eye first was this cute pastel blue and pink packaging, but also the name 'instant pore eraser'. This interested me because I'm not too keen on primers because I feel that they sit on my skin too heavy and my foundation just slides over my skin because of the overload of product. However, this product doesn't. I also picked this up as I have read and watched reviews on YouTube of this primer which made me go buy this because of the simairities to Benefits 'The Porefessional'.  

With this I find that a little goes a long way and a pea sized amount covers my nose area chin areas and slightly onto my cheeks and forehead, usually will what's remaining on my fingers. This 'pore eraser' has said to have 'blur' technology so that it blurs the visibility of pores which I don't agree with but after applying my foundation I notice a dramatic difference to my skin and it looks flawless and 'pore free'. 



BUT similarly with primers that aren't aimed at prolonging the wear of your make up, I find my make up doesn't last as long than when I don't use a primer or when I use other primers. I would only wear this for a few hours as after I find the product moves my foundation around my skin and starts to form patches especially around my nose which hugely puts me off using it for long periods of time which is generally how long I wear my make up. 

Although I would recommend this primer if you were taking photos or at an event for a couple of hours but any longer than that and I would advise a more long wearing primer that could offer pore minimisation and would prolong your make up. 

Overall I like this primer but I do not like it and it's not a daily 'go too' primer, nice try Maybeline but you've not quite done it with this one!

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment